Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Welfare Challenge

Today I am going to follow the $21 food budget set out by Welfare per person.

Check out the website Welfare Food Challenge

People who need help really do not get help. We have a problem in B.C and all of Canada. We should be helping out the people in our backyard rather than sending charity to seriously corrupt governments overseas.

Stop fueling war, fuel your people.

To start, last Sunday I bought a weeK's worth of food for myself and my DH worth $40 and I already prepared all my lunches for the week.

I'm not sure I'll be able to cut out coffee because I get coffee withdrawals and nasty migraines when I don't get coffee. I work at Starbucks, I am always highly overdosed on coffee. Since I am going to school everyday and work every weekend, I cannot try to cut it out yet. Weaning off is possible. I still have 10lbs of coffee beans from last year. I can try to use it up when I need to.
Sugar, which I don't usually add to my coffee but eat too much off, I will try to cut out.
I also generally eat 2 meals a day. But I have a secret stash of oatmeal if I get really hungry. I have tried to follow, but not exact, the power fast diet from darebee.com.
I will mark out what I eat and generally how much it costs.


Morning: Large Coffee ($2.20), waffle
Snack: Three Hashbrowns ($2.00)
Lunch: 2 egg omelette (no milk) with pizza sauce, pepperoni, and mozzarella cheese
Snack: Chestnut Praline Latte and Mini Snowman doughnut ($7.10)
Dinner: Apple and Oatmeal


Definitely went over my daily budget for sure. But I still have some left over for the week. 

$21 - $11.30 = $9.7 for the rest of the week and it's only the first day

No comments:

Post a Comment